Monday, August 2, 2010

NY Rangers Announce New GM, Captain

The New York Rangers are pleased to announce the hiring of Chris Smalley as their new General Manager. A life-long native of suburban Minneapolis, Minnesota, Smalley becomes only the third American GM in PHL history. Prior to joining the PHL, Smalley was a GM and Head Coach in the EMFHL for 16 seasons, and led his teams to the Prime Minister's Cup Playoffs in 8 of his last 9 seasons. His team made 2 Finals appearances, but was unable to claim the title on both tries.

"When I received the call and was told I got the job, I was very excited! The New York Rangers have a rich and storied history, and I'm thrilled to be a part of this great hockey club," Smalley said. "With all struggles this team has had this season, some changes will certainly have to be made. That means we may have to make so tough decisions when it comes to coaches and players. I don't want to single anyone out, but I will start with a top-down approach - and go from there."

Rangers GM Chris Smalley also announced that the team has voted RW Marian Hossa as the team's new captain. "I was happy to see the team selected Hossa. In the short time that I've met Marian, I got the sense that he is a good team leader. And to get the confidence from his team-mates with this vote, it confirms my impression of him as a team leader. We are excited to have Marian as our team captain."

Chris Smalley
Rangers GM

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.