As the end of regular season nears, the Blue Jackets are looking forward to playing in the post season. It's been a rough year with the loss of Forsberg and a couple of other players, not to mention the departure of GM Colston.
Now that GM Colston is back, does he sit back and let Coach Don Cherry finish running the season or will he jump into the mix and try to upset the Mighty Leafs?
I sat down with both GM Colston and coach Cherry today in a rare interview to see if the two of them are on the same page as the Jackets head into the playoffs.
Cupp A Joe: Welcome back Mr. Colston. Are you back for good, or is this a temporary stay of execution?
GM Colston: Welcome back, what are you talking about Cupp? I really never left, I just needed to take a step back and rejuvenate myself.
Cupp A Joe: Speaking of taking a step back, how about those Bruins?
GM Colston: That was a low blow Cupp, even for you. Is that some kind of news story? I did predict them to finish last in their Division as I recall. So much for their GM being smarter.
Cupp A Joe: How did you predict the Norris to end up sir?
GM Colston: I pretty much hit that prediction dead nuts balls accurate.
1Leafs
2Red Wings
3BlackHawks
4Blue Jackets
5Blues
The only difference is the Hawks will finish 2nd and the Wings will finish 3rd.
Cupp A Joe: Were you really worried about how this years teams would finish?
GM Colston: I consulted coach Cherry on that matter Cupp. He had told me that there was no way in Hell the Jackets would make the post season in his opinion. Sure after losing Forsberg and the other guys, I knew things were bad in Columbus.
I made a couple of terrible deals, I wasan't sure how the guys would react. Coach Cherry deserves a pat on the back for what he has accomplished this season.
Cupp A Joe: Coach Cherry, do you have any comments about the fall of the Bruins?
Coach Cherry: We have a team named Bruins in the PHL?
Cupp A Joe: You may get some hate mail after that statement sir.
Coach Cherry: Everyone grab a 6 pack and shut the hell up! I'm glad to have GM Colston returning to run the day to day operations of the Jackets. Bring on those whining bitches that call themselves the Leafs.
Cupp A Joe: So the Jackets are ready for the Leafs, coach?
Coach Cherry: Not sure about that, I just hate not being able to show off my suits. This is not live television Cupp, and everyone knows how great I dress.
Cupp A Joe: Ok then, any predictions for round one?
Coach Cherry: Jackets pulling off an upset over the Leafs in 6!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
There you have hockey fans. Not sure what coach Cherry was smoking, but pass it my way.
Cupp A Joe
Saturday, February 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Contributors
News Archive
-
▼
2010
(243)
-
▼
February
(32)
- PHL 9 A YEAR OF FIRSTS
- Can we end the regular season with a strong finish
- Blackhawks Press Release
- Jets vs Flames
- Looking forward to the post season
- Whalers PR
- Don't let the facts get in the way of a good rant,...
- Opportunity Knocks
- The Product(cal) Son has Returned???Dougie Mac he...
- Whalers PR
- Blackhawks Press Release
- Bruins FALLIN.....FALLIN'....FALLIN!!!!
- Blackhawks Press Release
- pro and farm suspensions
- Pro Suspensions
- World Championships
- The Oil Kings came out to play tonight knowing tha...
- Whalers PR
- LOWLY FLYERS?!?!?!
- Whalers PR
- Deadline - Deaad and Gone
- Blackhawks Press Releasem (Post Trade Deadline)
- Whalers PR
- Leafs appear to be looking towards the future
- Ottawa Looking To Deal
- Blackhawks Press Release
- Blues PR
- Bruins Avails....
- Stars GM
- Islanders / Crushers trade block
- Oil Kings Press Release
- Talkin' Smack with Dougie Mac....
-
▼
February
(32)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.