Friday, September 17, 2010

Whalers PR

Well this sure is a disappointing season so far. I guess as a GM I really have my head firmly planted up my posterior. I am happy for the Sens and their season so far and am greatly disgusted in the play of a few of my own players.

The youth movement we as an organization are trying sure isn't looking good right now but I guess I must learn patience, this will be as hard as climbing Mt Everest in a speedo. The only bright light so far is that the boys stepped up against the Adam's division leaders (and possible cup winners) those lousy Booins. A great season series that went 3-2 for the Whalers. Just a little more cheddar for the coffers (only to possibly have it disappear at the end of this year unless there is a stellar free agent available).

I really hope the boys can get it together by the end of the year or we will not make the playoffs. Making the playoffs is always a goal of the Whalers even if we make a quick exit, getting there is important, VERY IMPORTANT. The youth of this team have to step up in the forward positions. Our LW are terrible (probably worst group in the league). Goaltending is decent but has faultered at times and the D has not lived up to expectations. If the record of our farm team is any indication of what is to come, again this youth movement may need to be reexamined.

Good luck to all (except of course those "Frenchies" and the Booins) and hopefully the Whalers will see you in the playoffs.

Cheers
Whalers GM
Paul Gagne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.