Thursday, October 29, 2009

Connecticut Post News Item

This is Popar Azzi here doing an interview with a Whalers disgruntled defenseman, Bob Sanguinetti. So Bob why are you so angry?

Well Popar, I'm so glad you asked me that. I'm angry because this new "GM" that we have doesn't even know me and is obviously accusing me of not being tough enough since he is saying that he has a need for this and has therefore put me on the trading block.

Well wouldn't that actually flatter you thinking you are the only one he could actually get something for.

I don't look at it that way Popar. I consider it a slap in the face. I was just starting to enjoy my time here and I was really geling with my line mate Eriksson.

But as a professional, Bob, you have to understand that sometimes changes are made.

Ya ya, I hear these things all the time, but we haven't even started the regular season yet! We are still in the pre-season.

Well besides this rumour of a trade list is there anything else that annoys you about the new GM, Paul Gagne? Or have you seen any other problems?

Well I wouldn't say that Mr. Gagne annoys me but I am upset that I am being moved. If the move helps the Whalers than I will be happy for the boys in the room and I know that I will be a great asset to whatever team wants me. As far as anything else, I have heard that Mr. Gagne wants to make other moves, like at at the forward position. This movement to "toughness" could be a mistake but it may also be a ploy to get draft picks and or training advantages for the future. The one thing about Mr.Gagne is that I noticed he is keeping an eye on the future and not just the present.

So you are saying that more moves are definately posssible?

All I am saying is that no one is safe on the Whalers.

Well thanks for your time Bob and no matter what happens I wish you all the best.

Thanks Popar.

This is Popar Azzi saying good day and until next time, "Keep your stick on the ice".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.