Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Whalers PR

AP-Reuters


Well a Happy New Year to all our readers, this is Popar Azzi here with an interview with the Whalers captain, Marek Svatos.

Welcome Marek, and Happy New Year.

Thanks Popar and Happy New Year to you too.

Lets get down to business. What is going on with the Whalers?

I don't know what you mean?

Well you GM is trying to make deals like crazy and they don't seem to be all that great. I mean moving Green seems like a bone-headed deal, doesn't it.

No not really Popar, especially since he wasn't happy here obviously and good for him to be doing as well as he is with the Hawks. Schenner is fitting in great here and is a great young player that will come into his own.

What do you think of yourself almost being dealt.

I don't know what you are talking about.

Well Marek, I have it under good authority that you were mentioned in a deal with the Sabres to acquire Hemsky.

If our GM thinks that that is the right move for the team then I guess I would have to be moved. I really enjoy my time here and I see a great future with this club. I definately want to be a part of this going forward but I understand if Mr. Gagne wishes to make a move.

Do you anticipate any other moves in the near future?

Like I said Popar, if Mr. Gagne feels there is a need for a change he will definately try to get it done and whether its "good" or "bad" it will be a knoble attempt.

That sounds a bit like butt kissing Mr. Svatos.

No, not really, it's just how I feel.

Okay, well I guess we will all just wait and see. I hope you stay and the team starts to turn things around. The weirdest thing with this team is that they are in the top 10 teams in the conference and still may not make the playoffs due to finishing 5th in the division. Let's hope the Whalers go on a decent run soon. Thanks for your time Marek and like I said I hope we can do this again.

Thanks Popar and I hope we can keep on doing this for some time to come but you never know how things turn out. As far as the team is concerned I believe we will make the playoffs and go on a viscious run to the championships.

Well this is Popar Azzi signing off here from the Hartford Civic Center with Marek Svatos the captain of the Whalers, wishing you all a Happy New Year and hoping the Whalers can turn it around.

Popar Azzi
Connecticut Post

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.