Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Whalers PR

Hello everyone this is Popar Azzi of the Connecticut Post once again. We have a real treat for you today. I had the opportunity to corner the Hartford Whalers Gm, Mr. Paul Gagne, to ask him a few questions.
Welcome Mr. Gagne and how are you today?
Well thanks for asking Popar. I am fine health wise, professionally, not so good.
Why whatever do you mean?
Why are you so smarmy, Popar? You know exactly what I mean! Having to pay the GM of Philly, Jazz, a sizable amount of cash due to these bums of ours not performing, really hurts. If they keep this up our attendance will faulter and that will cost me further.
What do you intend to do about this?
I have a few pokers in the flames. We will see what happens. It seems a lot of other managers don't like dealing with us.
Well that's not true now is it Mr. Gagne, did you not just stike a deal with the struggling Leafs?
It was a minor deal. All I did was fill a need of a fellow GM in a crisis as I would do, if I could, for any other manager that came crawling in. Some of the other GM's that I have tried dealing with don't seem to open to counter offering or they don't know how. Of course any deal that I initiate will be heavily loaded in our favor, well in my mind anyways. I will make some mistakes along the way and wholeheartedly understand this as a learning curve. I really just want to work on the future so that I have the team I want.
So what you are saying is that you are not happy with your team so far this year?
Popar, really, what have you been watching so far? WE ARE TERRIBLE!! The boys haven't lived up to their billing so far and I really want to get rid of the whole bunch. I mean there are a few untouchables but you understand my frustrations?
I certainly do.
I mean I am happy with our win over the terrible Bruins but we have to step up more than that. I am sure things will change for the better in the future but only time will tell.
Well thanks for this Mr. Gagne and I hope the boys start living up to expectations. No matter how lofty they might be. Until next time this is Popar Azzi of the Post reminding you to, "keep your stick on the ice".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

News Archive