Well this is Popar Azzi, of the Connecticut Post. Just thought I would give a little review of last nights win over the Bruins.
It was nice to see Stanislov Chistov pot two goals this game but the big story I think is that Miller had to face 34 shots and only allowed 1 past him and into the mesh. The shots were plentiful but the Bruins really only had about a dozen half real decent chances.
In the bowls of the Hartford Civic Centre after the tremendous win of the Hartford Whalers over the abismal Bruins, I was able to corner coach Pat Quinn for a quick Q&A.
Good evening coach, what a great win you had there.
"Thanks Popar. Yeah the boys got it done"
Well coach you seem rather matter of fact about this huge divisional win
"I don't believe it to be as huge as you say. We knew we could win, it was just a matter of excecution."
The boys definately looked pumped up and ready to go. What do you think of the wager between your GM, Paul Gagne, and the Gm of the Bruins?
"Well to tell you the truth, I think it was idiotic. The boys and I are just starting to get to know each other right now and that guy in the ivory tower seems to want to put more pressure on us. He also has a tendency to get involved in changing lines, which I always thought was my job!"
I did notice that you seemed a bit tougher for this game. So you are saying that this was your GM'S plan and not yours?
"Yes."
Well that is a short response. Care to expand?
"No not really. Except to say that we will have different lines for the next couple of games."
Why would you mess with what seems to be working?
"We got lucky with those lines. As far as toughness goes, we are a bunch of wimps and Mr. Gagne should look to change that. Instead of wasting funds on bets, maybe we should bring in some players. For now we should be concentrating on goal scoring and stopping shots against, not trying to pump out our chests. That is what the Bruins do."
So you are saying that the Whalers are more talented than the Bruins but not as tough?
"Yes."
Well I wish you well, Mr. Quinn and I hope you know what's best.
"As long as I am left alone to do my job, I believe it will be a great year. The more I am interferred with the less I can take the blame when things don't work out."
Thanks for your time Mr. Quinn. Till next next time this is Popar Razzi with the Post and remember, "keep your stick on the ice"
Thursday, November 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Contributors
News Archive
-
▼
2009
(140)
-
▼
November
(61)
- Oil Kings Press Release
- LEAGUE FILES INCOMPLETE
- Parise Hurt in Blues Big Win
- Blackhawks Press Release
- Los Angeles Kings Undefeated in 13 Games
- Pens Win....Unbeaten in EIGHT!!!WOW...did anyone s...
- Stampede Hire a WHAT??
- Sub Par Play Leads to Trade Rumors
- Bruins Rides SIX Game Streak!!!
- Blues Win 2nd in A Row!
- Rangers PR - The Honeymoon Is Over!
- BLUES WIN!!!! BLUES WINS!!!
- Whalers PR
- WTF
- REF When the lights came back on!
- The night the lights went out in the PHL
- OMG!!! OMG!!! OMG!!!
- Stars trade block
- Patience, Patience, Patience
- Bruins Trade Block....
- Blueless......
- Flyers GM Laughs Out Loud.....
- Colts PR
- Bears hibernate early
- Whalers Win Huge
- Blues Clues
- Rangers PR - How are the Rangers .500?
- Hawks trade block
- Blackhawks PR
- Rangers Trade Block
- Killer Whalers Lie in Wait
- Bruins FLY Past Flyers.....AGAIN!!!!!
- Colts PR
- Sabres PR
- Blackhawks Press Release
- The Sabres arent in the mood to make big chat so w...
- Jets trade block
- Wager accepted
- Bruins powerless poll
- Kings' Stars Leading the Way
- Reply to Bos GM
- CBJ PR
- Tigers Start Season Well
- blackhawks press release
- Islanders Season Preview
- NORRIS DIVISION PREVIEW
- Challenging
- Eastern Division Preview
- Callin' Ya OUT!!!
- Heads ROLL in Bean Town….
- PHL9 season predictions
- Question of the night.
- Blackhawks Press release
- Who would have thought
- Trade/Draft
- re groups
- Early Thought for the Trade Deadline
- Bruins FLY Past the Flyers!!!!
- Wales Conference - Patrick Division Preview
- Sabres: Adams Division Predictions
- PHL9 league predictions
-
▼
November
(61)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.